Got Questions? We’ve got the Answers


Sign Up

How do I know if I’m eligible to switch to an electricity retailer?

There are two types of eligibility:
If your monthly consumption is at least 2,000 kWh and your account is “non-domestic”, you are eligible. The Energy Market Authority (“EMA”) approves your eligibility and deems you as a ‘Contestable Consumer’.
If your “non-domestic” account is located in Jurong, you are also eligible.

Does the reliability and quality of electricity supply depend on my choice of retailer?

No, the electricity market in Singapore is designed and regulated by the Energy Market Authority. This means the reliability and quality of electricity supply is the same regardless of the retailer you choose.

Will there be any disruption to my electricity supply during my transfer to iSwitch?

Certainly not. Your electricity supply will not be affected by the transfer as the transfer process is purely administrative and will be performed electronically by the iSwitch team. It is a seamless transfer of account executed in the system that is managed and operated by the Market Support Services Licensee (‘MSSL’), SP Services Ltd.

How long will it take to do the transfer?

The transfer takes up to 30 calendar days upon successful application.

Can I transfer the security deposit from SP Group to iSwitch?

Your security deposit cannot be transferred. It will be refunded by SP Services upon transfer.

Billing & Payment

How can I pay my iSwitch bill?

For your convenience, you can choose to apply for GIRO payment with your bank, via AXS machines, AXS Portal and mobile app, cheque or bank transfer.

How often will I be billed?

As an iSwitch customer, you will be billed on a monthly basis with the applicable third party charges as stated in your Electricity Agreement with us. You have the option of settling payment via GIRO or cheque within 18 days—the longest payment term in the market today.

How can I pay the security deposit?

The deposit amount will be billed in your first month bill.

I have submitted GIRO form, what is the status?

GIRO application takes 2-6 weeks to process after submission. Customers are advised to make payments manually until you receive a confirmation email from iSwitch.

If I terminate the contract, when can I receive the security deposit?

Refund of the security deposit takes up to 1 month to process after a full settlement of the outstanding balance under the terminated account.


How do I know when my contract ends?

Our price plans offer a variety of contract durations depending on your preference. Your contract end date will be clearly stated in your contract upon successful transfer.

How far in advanced may I renew my contract?

iSwitch will contact you directly 3 months before your contract end date to see what plans you wish to renew with.

How do I renew?

If the iSwitch team did not contact you and your contract has ended, non-domestic accounts can renew with iSwitch online. For high tension accounts, please send us an enquiry.


After the switch, who does my meter reading?

Market Support Services Licensee (‘MSSL’), SP Services Ltd is the sole regulated entity that is responsible for collecting and collating all meter readings for contestable consumers. Your electricity usage is read automatically through electronic meters at half-hourly intervals.

Are master-metered accounts eligible for contestability?

A landlord with a master-sub metering arrangement can be contestable either under the En-Bloc Contestability Scheme or Demand Aggregation Scheme. To learn more about the two schemes please contact the iSwitch team at or 1800 505 9900.

What are the charges for Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) meters?

For all commercial accounts, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) meters will be used to measure electricity consumption remotely at half-hourly intervals and SP PowerGrid will impose a one-time installation fee of $40 per AMI meter (exclusive of GST).

If the meter is faulty, how will iSwitch bill for my consumption?

Report any meter faults immediately to SP PowerGrid at 1800-778 8888 and they will investigate and replace it. SP Services will determine the meter reading to be billed during the irregularity period, based on the Metering Code approved by EMA.

Was your question not answered?

Please feel free to contact us and a member of our team will get back as soon as possible.