Got Questions? We’ve got the Answers


Sign Up

How do I know if I am eligible to switch retailer?

As of 1 November 2018, residents with postal codes starting with 58 to 78 are eligible to switch retailer for their home electricity. The rest of the zones will be eligible in progressive phases. You can check for your eligibility via here.

Will there be any disruption of electricity supply if I switch to iSwitch?

Your electricity supply will not be affected by the transfer as the process is purely administrative and performed electronically by our iSwitch team. It is a seamless transfer of account executed in the system that is managed and operated by the Market Support Services Licensee (‘MSSL’), SP Services Ltd.

How do I switch? Is there any registration fee?

The sign-up process is very simple and only requires a few minutes. Check your eligibility to switch, compare the price plans and proceed to the online sign up. No registration fee is required.

Why is there a $4.95 (before GST) Service Charge?

This monthly Service Charge is for the IT systems and infrastructure that we have put in place to enhance our customer service to better serve our customers. This is kept separate from the electricity rate for your monthly consumption, so that your electricity rate remains competitive. It is applicable to Non-Standard plans.

How long does it take to process my application?

It takes within 10 days for residential consumers to transfer your electricity account from SP (non-market) to iSwitch (market).

Do I need to submit my own meter reading to SP Group?

If you wish to submit your own meter reading to SP Group during the last 3 days (5 p.m. cut-off time on the last day) before your iSwitch contract start date.

Submissions can be done via the following channels:
– Phone call via 1800 2222 333.
– Website at:
– Take a photo of your meter reading with your mobile and Whatsapp to 9622 6557.
– Email to a picture or photo of the meter no.

SP Group will proceed to take an estimated meter reading if resident did not submit own meter reading during the last 3 days.

Does iSwitch require a deposit?

The initial security deposit varies as per customer’s dwelling type ranging from
HDB 1-3 room ($30)
HDB 4-5 room ($60)
Condo to landed property ($90).
An initial security deposit will be charged to your first invoice. Thereafter, a subsequent adjustment may be required using customer’s actual average electricity consumption within the first 3 months to equate to one month bill amount. So your effective Security Deposit amount would be equivalent to 1 month’s electricity bill.

Can I transfer the security deposit from SP Group to iSwitch?

Your security deposit with SP Group cannot be transferred. When your iSwitch contract starts, your security deposit with SP Group will be split between your electricity and non-electricity accounts. The amount of security deposit allocated to your electricity account (65% of the security deposit) will be used to offset any outstanding charges with SP Group. Any remaining security deposit allocated to your electricity account will be used to offset future non-electricity charges. Alternatively, you may request SP Group to refund the remaining security deposit allocated to your electricity account to you.

What are the payment terms?

14 days.

Are there any 3rd party charges?

As of 1 November 2018, iSwitch absorbs Carbon Tax charge for all our residential customers.
GST is applicable for all our bills.


How will I be billed after I have transferred to iSwitch?

You will receive a separate e-Bill from iSwitch for your home electricity. You will continue to receive your monthly bill from SP Group for your non-electricity charges (water, town gas, refuse collection).

How can I view my bill?

Sign in to iSwitch Customer Portal to view and download your bill at your own convenience.

When are the monthly bills issued?

You will receive your invoice on the 15th calendar day from your last day of your billing period.

What are the available bill payment modes?

For your convenience, you can choose to pay via iSwitch Portal with your credit card, apply for GIRO payment, via AXS machines islandwide or through AXS portal and mobile app. We do not accept cheque payments.

Where can I get the GIRO form?

GIRO application form can be downloaded from our website via this link. For DBS/POSB account holders you can apply online here.

I have submitted GIRO form, what is the status?

If you submit your GIRO application by post it will take 2-6 weeks to process after submission. Customers are advised to make payments manually until you receive a confirmation email from iSwitch.

I have been paying my bills by GIRO, can I change the payment mode?

If you wish to terminate your GIRO payment mode, you can login to your online account to make the change.

When is the final bill issued?

On the next billing cycle after the account is closed.

What happens to my security deposit with iSwitch if I close my home electricity account?

Your Security Deposit will automatically be used to offset your Final Bill. Any credit balance thereafter will be refunded via cheque.

Can I receive a hardcopy of my bill?

iSwitch offers paperless billing. If you wish to have a hard copy of the bill, you can login to your account to print.


How do I know when my contract ends?

You can find out via the following self-service channels:
– Monthly bills
– Logging into your Self-Service Portal

What happens when my contract ends?

1) iSwitch will contact you 1 month before your trial ends to advise on our latest price plans to renew on.
2) If no renewal action taken by end of trial, the customer will automatically be placed on a 5% discount off SP tariff contract for another 12 months.

How far in advanced can I renew my contract?

iSwitch will contact you with our latest promotions 1 month before your contract end-date.

Moving House

I am moving. What do I do?

If you are moving to a new house in Singapore, you will need to end the contract and open a new account with SP Services. Upon opening a new account, you can then reapply with iSwitch.

Can my contract to be transferred to a new premise?

The contract cannot be transferred to a new premise address.

When moving to a new house, will the early termination costs occur?

If you are moving to a new house in Singapore, early termination costs will apply, but if you were to recontract with iSwitch for your new premise the amount will be credited to your new account.If you are being forced to leave Singapore for employment reasons, please provide a confirmation letter from your company’s Human Resource department for our consideration to waive the early termination fees.

Can my contract to be transferred to the new owner/tenant of my premise?

The existing account must be closed and the new occupant of the premise is required to apply to sign up on behalf of their own account. Early Termination Costs may apply depending on your contract.

Referral & Rewards

How do I check if my friend is an existing iSwitch customer?

Due to our privacy policy, we are unable to disclose the information on whether your friend is already an iSwitch customer. Your referral must be a new customer to iSwitch.

How do I check and redeem my loyalty points?

Log in to your iSwitch account to check your reward points.

Self Service Portal

How can I log in to self service portal for the first time?

STEP 1 – Please proceed to our Self-Service Portal here

STEP 2 – Click on the tab “Customer Registration”

STEP 3 – Enter the details as required. For the “Customer Account*” field, please enter your iSwitch Account No. (SW18xxxxxxxx) as reflected in your iSwitch Electricity Contract Agreement that was sent to your registered email address.

STEP 4 – Your new password must contain a minimum of 7 characters, 1 of which must be a capital letter and 1 must be a special character such as “!” or “.”.

STEP 5 – By clicking on “Register”, an automated email with the activation link will be sent to your registered email address. In the event you do not see the email, you might find it inside your spam/junk inbox.

STEP 6 – Click on the activation link to complete the registration process. You can then log in with your email address and password thereafter.


What are the different types of meters?

There are two types of electricity meters:
Static Residential Load Profile (SRLP) meter is a cumulative meter used by most households to measure electricity consumption. These meters are read on a bi-monthly basis by SP Group (Sp Services). On the months where the meters are not read, SP Group (SP Services) will estimate the month’s consumption. The other option is Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) meters which measure electricity consumption remotely at half-hourly intervals and SP PowerGrid will impose a one-time installation fee of $40 per AMI meter (exclusive of GST).

Who is responsible for my meter reading?

SP Group (SP Services) will remain responsible for the meter reading.
1. Your meter is read bi-monthly by SP Services. If your meter is read in January, the next reading month will be March.
2. During the month that is to be estimated, your consumption will be calculated by multiplying the average daily of the last 2 actual meter readings recorded.
3. When the meter is next read in March, you will be billed the consumption between January and March less what was already billed in February.

Why is my electricity bill high?

1. Higher usage during school holidays or more occupants at home during the period.
2. More days in the billing period which varies from 28 to 31 days.
3. New or additional electrical appliances at home.
4. Higher frequency of showers or bigger laundry loads.
5. Increase in SP quarterly tariff rate

How can I submit my own meter reading?

We highly recommend our customers to submit own meter readings for the estimated months via the following channels:

1. SP Utilities Mobile App:
You can log in to SP Utilities App to submit your meter readings. Search for “SP Utilities App” via Apple Store or Google Play Store.
2. SP Utilities Portal:
You can log in to SP Utilities Portal at to submit meter readings.
3. Email:
Email meter readings to:
4. Automated Phone System:
Call 1800 222 2333 to submit meter readings.
5. Whatsapp (recommended):
Take a clear photo of the meter reading with your smartphone and Whatsapp to 8482 8636.

If the meter is faulty, how will iSwitch bill for my consumption?

Report any meter faults to SP PowerGrid and they will schedule an appointment at your premise. SP Services will determine the meter reading to be billed, based on the Metering Code approved by EMA.

May I know if I will be charged for Loss Adjusted Consumption?

As of 1 Nov 2018, all our residential customers will no longer be charged for Loss Adjusted Consumption.

How do I obtain my premise's meter reading?

Please contact SP Group at 1800-233 8000 to request.
Alternatively, iSwitch customer can email us the consent to obtain the meter readings on behalf. We will then forward this consent to SP Group. However, please expect a longer turnaround time via this channel.

U-Save Rebates

Can I use my U-Save rebates to offset my electricity charges if I switch to my electricity retailer to iSwitch?

You can still use your U-Save rebates to offset your electricity charges. Depending on your sign up date and your billing cycle, your U-Save rebates may only offset your electricity charges in the subsequent months.

How does EMA/MOF ensure that SP Group and iSwitch are managing the U-Save rebates correctly?

Both SP Group and iSwitch are subject to audit requirements imposed by the Ministry of Finance (MOF).

How will I know the amount of U-Save rebates used to offset my electricity charges is correct?

The amount of U-Save rebate used to offset your electricity charges will be shown in your bill from iSwitch.

How will my U-Save rebates be used to offset my electricity charges with iSwitch?

We highly recommend our customers to submit own meter readings for the estimated months via the following channels:

Your U-Save rebates will be used to offset your bill from SP Group first. Any remaining U-Save rebates will be used to offset your subsequent electricity bill by iSwitch in the following month. The amount of U-Save used will be reflected in the bill.

What if the wrong amount of U-Save rebates is transferred?

Please notify our customer service at or call our Customer Service Line at 1800 505 9900.

Who should I call if I have any queries about my U-Save rebates?

For U-Save related queries, please call SP Group at 6671 7117 (Mon-Fri, 8.30am – 5.30pm) or email

Was your question not answered?

Please feel free to contact us and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.