Who is iSwitch
We are an electricity retailer licensed by the Energy Market Authority (“EMA”) to serve the market. Our goal is to empower consumer choice—to give you more options to better manage your energy costs.
With you in mind, we have developed a suite of Value Plans. Each iSwitch plan offers a different level of flexibility but all are designed to help you achieve cost savings while enjoying the same, reliable electricity supply from Singapore’s national power grid (known as SP Power Grid).
This is made possible by the deep industry experience of our team and the strong support of the RCMA Group, of which we are a member.
We invite you to meet the iSwitch team, who brings with them extensive electricity retail experience across the Asia Pacific region. You are also welcome to trace our history, which dates back to 1964, and learn more about our parent company the RCMA Group-an established player in the global commodity and energy sectors with an annual turnover in excess of US$1 billion.
Chris brings more than 30 years of commodity experience to the RCMA Group. He joins us from Barclays Capital where he was global head of trading for agricultural products, coal and freight. Chris started his career with BP in the UK in 1981. He spent 20 years with Cargill in trading and asset management roles before moving to Singapore in 2005 as Managing Director of Noble Grain. He also worked for Merrill Lynch Commodities in Singapore before taking on the role of the RCMA Group CEO in 2010.
David has been involved in energy-related commodity markets for 18 years. He started his career as an Electrical Engineer before getting involved in the wholesale electricity and gas markets in Australia. More recently, he has worked in the broader energy field for a hedge fund, a commodity merchant and is also the Managing Director of RCMA Energy.
Ricardo joined the RCMA Group to take up the role of the CFO in September 2015. He is responsible for leading financial leadership and group financial initiatives, corporate finance and treasury, as well as corporate governance, organisational design and reporting. He has previously held senior financial leadership positions in Australia, China, Japan and Singapore with Giti Tire, IMC Pan Asia Alliance Group, PSA International, April Management, Norske Skog, ABB, Commonwealth Bank of Australia and BHP Billiton. Ricardo has more than 28 years of experience in corporate control and finance, treasury and risk management.
David MaherManaging Director
David has been involved in Energy related Commodity Markets for 18 years. He started his career working as an Electrical Engineer before getting involved in the wholesale electricity and gas markets in Australia. More recently he has worked in the broader energy field for a hedge fund, a commodity merchant and is also the Managing Director of RCMA Energy.
Andrew KoscharskyGeneral Manager, Wholesale and Trading
Andrew has worked in the Asian energy markets across Power, Gas, Coal and Retail for 15 years. For 10 years, he worked at Origin Energy in Sydney, initially as a Spot Trader, managing the nomination of gas on the East Coast markets and dispatch of power stations. He then became a Derivatives Trader, building a long-term portfolio while hedging Origin’s four million retail customer accounts. Managing and understanding electricity retail customer risk is something that Andrew enjoys because it helps customers save money and allows them to focus on running their day-to-day businesses. Andrew was formerly a Director of a Credit Union and holds degrees in Psychology and Commerce.
Senthil KumarGeneral Manager, Electricity Retail
Senthil brings with him 12 years of direct experience in the electricity retail business. He started as a Business Analyst with a leading retailer in Singapore and rose to the rank of Assistant Vice President. He was involved in day-to-day operations and engaged internal and external stakeholders to deliver the organisation’s strategic objectives. Senthil holds a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and an MBA.
Andy ChuaBilling and Customer Service Manager, Electricity Retail
Andy brings more than 12 years of experience in the electricity industry with the Client Relations team in SP Services Ltd. He provided operational and technical support to various industry stakeholders –the Energy Market Authority, electricity retailers and contestable consumers. His experience also includes billing settlement, customer transfer systems (EBT) management and customer servicing in the electricity industry. He was also involved in numerous major system upgrading projects in support of the utility agencies like the Public Utilities Board (PUB), SP PowerGrid, PowerGas and CityGas.
Malenne MacabeoFinance Manager
Malenne is a Certified Public Accountant with over eight years’ experience in corporate finance and auditing. She has experience in financial reporting, management accounting and tax reporting across various industries. Malenne started her career as an external auditor with Ernst & Young and has served clients across the energy sector.
To learn how our team’s experience and expertise can translate into immediate energy cost savings for you, contact us today.
Trace our History
At iSwitch, we are proud to be a member of the RCMA Group, established in 1964 and a respected player in the global commodity and energy sectors with an annual turnover in excess of US$1 billion.
– RCMA Group renamed its companies under the umbrella of the ‘RCMA Group’ brand.
– RCMA Group rebranded its electricity retail business under the name ‘iSwitch’.
– RCMA Group acquired the cotton trading business of Plexus Cotton Ltd.
– RCMA Group began trading and facilitating over-the-counter electricity products in the Singapore electricity market.
– RCMA Group received its Electricity Retail licence from the Energy Market Authority (EMA).
– RCMA Group started trading in the Singapore electricity futures market.
– RCMA Group entered the Australian power market.
– RCMA Group acquired a Guatemalan coffee mill in Barbarena, 50km outside the city.
– RCMA Group acquired Terneuzen Latex Tank Installation facility.
– RCMA Group completed the acquisition of Momentum Technologies International (MTI).
– RCA is renamed to RCMA Group.
– RCA acquired Corrie, MacColl & Son Pte Ltd.
– RCA entered the coal market, added coffee trading and expanded its natural rubber presence.
– RCA established Tong Teik China in Shanghai.
– Rubber Cultuur Maatschappij Amsterdam changed its name to Acomo (Amsterdam Commodities).
– A joint venture between RCMA and Singapore Tong Teik Pte Ltd established RCMA Commodities Pte Ltd (RCA), headquartered in Singapore. Tong Teik Pte Ltd was incorporated.
– Rubber Cultuur Maatschappij Amsterdam (RCMA) was formed.
– Singapore Tong Teik Pte Ltd was founded.